The name still raises many questions on this side of the Atlantic, yet across the ocean, the product is celebrated as French women’s must-have and all-time favorite facial cleanser — micellar water.
Forget the fancy foams, gels, or balms that must be massaged onto the skin and rinsed, for the ladies of France, the secret feels and looks no different than water, yet contains a power combination of simple ingredients that act like magnets for dirt and oil.
Micellar water brings a mix of purified water and hydrating ingredients that naturally group together to form molecules called micelles, which pull makeup and impurities from the skin. Women simply soak a square cotton with the micellar water and wipe it along their face, allowing the micelles to trap debris from the skin. The cleansing ritual is repeated until the cotton is clean. The formula is so light that there’s no need to rinse, allowing the hydrating ingredients to be absorbed into the skin.
If you’re ready to give micellar water a go, check out Beauty Buddy to define your skin type then choose from the following options to address your very own skin concerns.
Your skin is dry & sensitive: Try Bioderma Hydrabio H2O, which hydrates, soothes, and leaves skin feeling refreshed. Infused with fatty acids and fruit extracts, this micellar water protects the skin’s outermost layer and helps rebuild it.
Oily or mixed skin: Bioderma Sebium H2O is your best bet. The solution biologically regulates sebum quality to keep pores from clogging, all while clearing up the skin.
Sensitive to very sensitive skin: is strongly recommended Bioderma Sensibio H2O, whose potent and highly tolerant micelle formula works to gently soothe and clear up irritated skin.
For all skin types & baby skin:
- Jowaé Cleansing Micellar Water. Enriched with antioxidants from Lumiphénols (derived from a medicinal plant) and infused with imperial peony, this micellar water gently cleanses and soothes the skin.
- TOPICREM Gentle Micellar Water. Formulated with the whole family in mind (including baby), this gentle cleanser leaves the skin clean and soft.
- NUXE Micellar Cleansing Water with Rose Petals. The solution cleanses, removes makeup, and softens the skin, while respecting its pH balance.
- For the baby, Mustela No-Rinse Cleansing Micellar Water
Now that you’ve picked your micellar water, make it an integral part of your morning routine to get your skin feeling clean and fresh to start the day.
Use it again before bedtime as a soothing end-of-day ritual to remove makeup and any impurities.
Makeup mishap? Micellar water can help there too. Simply apply some solution on a cotton swab to fix that eyeliner or mascara.
Bonus tip: For a gentle cleanse after the gym, before reapplying some sunscreen, or anywhere on the go, stash some Bioderma Sensibio H2O Wipes in your purse, and voilà!
Frenchpharmacy.com brings to the USA all the beauty brands found in French Pharmacy offering the best quality products, in agreement with our values:
- Clean, gentle and effective
- Clinically proven
- Cruelty Free
- Ethical Sourcing
- Environment friendly: Our partners are always working towards a sustainable development. By reducing packaging and supporting recycling, all of our brands are actively participating in respecting the environment.
- All products are made in France