It’s an indispensable beauty secret that comes in the simplest of form: a spray can of water. The trick is that it’s not just any kind of water, but rather French thermal water. Small enough to fit in your purse, the bottled up pure H2O provides many benefits when spritzed onto the skin. Before we delve into its goodness and many uses, let’s look at what makes thermal water so special.
Thermal water comes from hot springs deep underground. Before resurfacing, the water travels through rocks and soil that fills it with minerals — magnesium, potassium, calcium, selenium, and much more. The characteristics of the water depend on its long voyage and the richness of the elements it passes through so that no thermal water is alike (France counts no less than 770 thermal water sources — not all of which are tapped). The ancient Greeks praised the curative nature of thermal water, while the Romans used hot springs for their relaxing properties and to relieve ailments such as rheumatism and arthritis.
Today, science backs up those age-old beliefs. The minerals the water picks up as it rises have been found to include those naturally existing on normal skin to protect and hydrate. They are also essential for cell function, shield from UV-related damage, and act as free radical scavengers and anti-inflammatory. Spritzed onto the face, the thermal water hydrates soothes, softens, reduces redness, and contributes to the overall health of the skin.
And there’s more. French thermal water can also be found in moisturizers and skin care treatments such as masks, and can address specific skin concerns (remember, no thermal water is alike). An excellent source of hydration, the thermal water acts like a physiological serum, in osmosis with skin cells, allowing them to return to their normal state.
Here are seven tips that will have you swear by that miracle H2O:
- Spray a mist of thermal water onto your face before applying your serum. Gently pat to allow both to be absorbed into the deeper layers of the skin. The same is true with a moisturizer.
- Set your makeup with a quick spritz. The trick works just as well as a finishing spray.
- Reapply throughout the day and pat with a tissue to revive your makeup and do away with the shine of mixed and oily skins.
- Reduce the symptoms of eczema, psoriasis, and acne-prone skin with a gentle mist.
- Use as a soothing agent after shaving, waxing, or after a facial treatment such as peeling.
- Apply on a cotton ball to remove stubborn makeup residue.
- Spritz as needed for a refreshing and cooling sensation.
Frenchpharmacy.com brings to the USA all the beauty brands found in French Pharmacy offering the best quality products, in agreement with our values:
- Clean, gentle and effective
- Clinically proven
- Cruelty Free
- Ethical Sourcing
- Environment friendly: Our partners are always working towards a sustainable development. By reducing packaging and supporting recycling, all of our brands are actively participating in respecting the environment.
- All products are made in France